ARE YOU LOSING $40,000 TRYING TO SELL YOUR FSBO HOME BY YOURSELF?
Whether you know it or not, choosing to sell your Miami home or condo on a For Sale By Owner (FSBO) basis is costing you an arm and a leg.
The evidence is clear: Selling your home by yourself without the guidance of a professional Realtor who knows how to effectively value, market, and sell your home is the rough equivalent of buying a new car, then leaving it at the mall in a fire zone, with a big sign on it saying “Keys in ignition – take me.”
If you’re selling your Miami home or condo all by yourself, you’re leaving tens of thousands of dollars on the table – money you should be keeping in your pocket. According to research compiled by the National Association of Realtors, in 2013 the average FSBO home seller was able to sell their home for $174,900 while Realtors’ average sales price was $215,000. That’s a difference of $40,100!
THE MISSING LINK: WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW IS JEOPARDIZING YOUR CHANCES OF SELLING YOUR MIAMI HOME OR CONDO AT THE BEST POSSIBLE PRICE
I understand the allure of selling your home by yourself. People are programmed from an early age to save money when and where we can. However, successfully selling your Miami home for top dollar requires the help of a qualified real estate agent, just as you need qualified tax advice to minimize taxes while staying in the good graces of the IRS. Here are 5 things that a well qualified Miami real estate agent brings to the table that you just can’t match if you’re trying to sell your home by yourself:
- It takes special qualities to understand how to market your home to the right prospects – Understanding how to get the market’s attention and then show prospective buyers which attributes of your home match their own needs is an art that develops with much study and real world practice. With knowledge comes experience, and the wisdom to know which sales strategies will work the best in any given situation.
- Pricing your FSBO home for sale isn’t guesswork — Real estate agents have incredible research tools at their fingertips. One of these tools is a comprehensive list of comparable sales of Miami homes and condos, which can be further broken down by neighborhood. This mico information enables a good Miami real estate agent to develop a pricing model for your home based on real world data, which can get your home sold faster… and for top dollar.
- The Miami real estate market has spoken: Are you listening? — If you price your home too high, nobody will buy your Miami home or condo; set the price too low and you’ll leave tens of thousands on the table. And you aren’t likely to convince John Q. Homebuyer to pay more for your home once the sales contract is signed – even if you find out later that you priced your home too low. If for some reason a prospective buyer is able or willing to pay more than your home is worth, the deal can call apart if it appraises too low. Your best bet is to get the pricing right from the beginning, which stands a better chance of happening when the right Miami real estate agent is in your corner fighting for your best interests.
- There’s more to marketing than planting a sign in your yard and hoping for the best —The average FSBO seller places a sign in their yard and runs a few ads in their local newspaper. A marketing plan (the kind that can bring in top dollar offers) involves many moving parts.
- A skilled Miami real estate agent has access to willing and eager buyers that you don’t — Knowledgeable real estate agents are well aware that there is power in numbers when selling Miami homes and condos. While a small trickle of interest that results from your own marketing efforts is a nice start, what really counts is finding that one special prospect who expresses a a desire to buy your home. Good real estate agents put together comprehensive marketing plans which includes advertising strategies unparalleled in the FSBO market. The numbers don’t lie: solid research proves that those selling their Miami homes or condos by themselves will leave thousands of dollars on the table. Homes For Sale By Owner are harder to sell because buyers turn to the internet and real estate agents first when searching for a home.
WOULD YOU RATHER LEAVE $40,000 ON THE TABLE AND CLOSE SLOWER (IF YOU SELL AT ALL) OR TURN THIS VITAL JOB OVER TO SOMEONE WITH A PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF GETTING HOMES JUST LIKE YOURS SOLD QUICKLY AND FOR TOP DOLLAR?
Forgive me for being blunt. I don’t say this to gloat. A good agent is much better positioned to sell your Miami home or condo than most people selling their homes by themselves. You want results – and that’s what you get when you work with a real estate agent who can help to match the right buyers to your home.
My name is Juan Leal and I’d like to be the Miami real estate agent you choose to list and sell your FSBO home.
I’m not asking you to give up control over the home selling process.
I’m simply asking you to keep in mind that the right professional can get things done. I’m a huge Miami Heat fan. Dwyane Wade is the kind of game changing player with a proven track record of winning close games in clutch situations. When the game is on the line, Mr. Wade isn’t sitting on the sidelines watching the action. He’s in the game scrapping for loose balls and setting himself to be in position to do what it takes to help the Heat win. While I clearly lack Dwyane Wade’s athletic prowess, I’m ready, willing, and able to step into the game and get your home sold quickly and for top dollar.
Your chances of quickly selling your Miami home or condo without giving away tens of thousands in lost revenues are roughly the same as your chances of earning big bucks playing basketball for the Miami Heat.
If you’re serious about selling your Miami home or condo anytime soon, it’s crucial that you trust a professional to do the heavy lifting for you. I’d like to have the chance to earn the privilege of sharing my vision for getting your home sold quickly. Whether you hire me or not, you owe it to yourself to hear what I have to say and whether my plan for getting your home sold makes sense to you. Give me a call today at (305) 975-7405. No obligation, No fluff – just ideas.
If you’re not sure you’re ready to talk right now, download my free ebook, “Top Dollar: The 10 Proven Strategies That Cause Houses to Sell Faster & for More Money”. Click here to download your copy of this free ebook now.